Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Summer is ...
(I was going to write a long post about summer, but I don't have a lot of time now, and I also don't want to wait and write it tomorrow. I'm really a very, very patient person *tries to look like a very patient person*)
So, without further delay, Summer is for me...
- swimming a lot
- open windows and a soft wind that makes my light summer curtain dance in the breeze
- perfectly blue sky
- bare feet (I'm so glad I'm homeschooled, you get to go barefoot a lot more!)
- long evenings
- mornings that come with golden sunshine and the songs of birds
- the windows open while driving a car
- shade is okay now
- it's very silent in the early afternoon
- gorgeous sunsets
- no more jackets, no more sweaters
- everything green and green and green (I live in a green land, which is good, because I like the colour green)
- did I mention ice cream?
- the sea. Okay, pictures of the sea. Because going to the sea in summer is like going to a marketplace that's only open once a year. Everybody is there. Sooo crowded.
- it's warm. Finally. I like warm.
- green grass that feels like velvet (sometimes grass really feels like velvet, it's true!)
- starry nights
- taking pictures
- the days are longer, no more lights on at six in the evening.
- long walks (only in the forest under the trees, where it's cool)
- sunglasses (I don't wear them, but I always like seeing people with sunglasses because it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn)
- rain is not so bad or dreary anymore
- being verry happy because summer is my favourite season
That list could - and should - go on a little (much) more. But time's almost up, things to do, stuff to remember, and all that. And besides, wouldn't that be a little tedious to read? :)
Just one more thing, I read Fire by Night, by Lynn Austin. Its's so good ... You must read it if you haven't allready. :D