Hello everyone! Sorry I have been absent for so long. But I wish you all a happy new year!
The things I never did before and did this year for the first time:
- I turned eighteen! Yay, officially old enough to do ''adult-stuff''. : P And do lots of silly things with it anyway. But it feels great being eighteen.
- I stayed up till twelve midnight on New Years Eve. We never did that before, but we where watching Gilmore Girls (I love it!) and we decided that there should be a first time for everything, so we stayed up till twelve, which gave me a headache, but was still pretty great. I liked the colours of the fireworks, but the sound! And the smoke! No thank you, I would prefer fireworks did not exist. (I am a little like the cats and dogs who hate New Years Eve because of the fireworks).
But it was nice anyway. : )
- I had a layered haircut that turned out great! It is now officially very short, my hair, but it feels light and airy.
- I bought my very first cell phone, a simple one, and it's white! I really like white and simple.
- learned how to travel by bus. I never knew that before.
- Did the mbti- test and found out I am an INFP. Some people say it's putting people in a box, but I am more of the opinion it is more something that helps you understand yourself, and others, better. It is something basic, actually, because we are all so different and unique, but it is like something you have in common with someone else who's, for instance, an INFP, too. I don't know how to explain this, but maybe it is, for some, like me, somehting to figure yourself out and to understand more about others, and yourself too.
I hope that makes sense. : D
Well, that was all I did new this year. Of course I read a lot, I bought my own copy of The Book Thief, and I had my good times, and my not so good times (especially when watching the news) but I also grew a lot, I think.
I did things, I learned things, and tried to be more open and not so reserved all the time. I don't know if I am any better at talking with people that I don't know that well, but I hope that will get better. :P
I tried not to use a lot of emoticons in my writing (blogposts, e-mails etc.), but I failed. But maybe that's okay. *trying hard not to add yet another winking emoticon*
Things I will do in 2017 (or at least try to do):
- Blog more regurarly.
- Write more. I intend to try all kinds of writing this year, from poetry to short stories (the real short ones) to essays and all that. I don't really have a novel or story idea going on now, I am still finding ideas, so practicing other kinds of writing is a good idea, right?
- Read a lot of new books. Like the new book from Lynn Austin, I can't wait to read it!
- Pass my exams. It's getting closer and I am kind of scared ... But I know I'll do okay. : )
- Do more things. Not necessarily big things, but just things.
- Exercise more regurarly. The only exercise I get is taking my bike to the library once or twice a week. That's not much ... : P
- Try new things. New everything.
So that was my list of things I want to do this year. It is kind of short, but I'll probably make a longer list when it's March or something. Or when Summer comes around.
I know also this year hasn't been all nice. There have been the terrorist attacks, and that really makes me sad, and also angry. But even when bad things happen, there are also good things, like the things I have listed before. Great things even.
I wish you all, again, a good new year, eventhough the wish is a little late. : )